Dennis McCoy | Sacramento Business Journal
Hays creates a money garden for the Sacramento Business Journal's fastest-growing companies special section.
Currently, Stephanie is the lead designer at the Sacramento Business Journal.
She got her start in high school, laying out pages and writing a few columns at The Patriot Press as the opinion editor.
In college, she was the design chief for Elon News Network. While there, she spent her time (repeatedly) redesigning the newspaper, designing (many) pages, coding some websites, taking some photos, writing some articles and (very occasionally) anchoring the news.
She also enjoyed interning at The Virginian-Pilot in 2017, where she designed (even more) pages, learned to love puns and got a contributed byline on an article (her greatest personal accomplishment).
In her free time, she likes to hike, run and draw. She also claims she likes cooking, but prefers to browse cooking newsletters while eating oatmeal and peanut butter.
Phone: (425) 765-5285
• 2019 Award of Excellence from the Society for News Design for Business Cover
• 2019 Award of Excellence from the Society for News Design for Cover Story/Spread
• 2018 First Place award from Michigan State University Society for News Design for Front Page Design
• 2016 National Mark of Excellence award from the Society of Professional Journalists for Photo Illustration
• 2018 Student Communications Media Award from Omicron Delta Kappa. "This award is presented to the student who has contributed the most to advance communications on campus during the current academic year."
• 2016 Peak Performer Award from Elon News Network. Determined by staff vote.